Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'm not Isaac

I have to share some of the funny things Rocco's said lately. He says funny things all the time but I never write them down and end up forgetting them. We learned today in church that it's important to keep a journal so this is mine, sort of.

Rocco is now in Sunbeams. The roll says 'Isaac Duenas' because that's his name; his middle name is Rocco. He doesn't know that he's Isaac cause that's his dad's name. He went for the first time to his class here in St. George (the past 2 Sundays we were in Salt Lake) and I forgot to tell his teachers that we call him Rocco. Tonight, as I was putting him to bed he said this:

Rocco: "I'm a monster. I'm Soupman (Superman). I'm Woody and Seven's Jessie. I'm Buzz Lightyear and I'm NOT Isaac."
Me: "What? Why aren't you Isaac?"
Rocco: "The boys say I'm Isaac and I'm not Isaac. I'm Woody. I'm Soupman. I'm Diego."

This other thing is every time he prays; he tells Heavenly Father what happened in the day. The other day he asked me to "go go on an adventure." (If you watch Go Diego Go then you'll know the tune.) :) By our place is a perfect spot for an adventure. It's all desert. I tried to make it like the show: jump over sticks that look like snakes, choose which path to take, you get the picture. That night Rocco's saying the prayer and he says: "Heavenly Father, and I go go on an adventure. And snake almost bit me. And I like it. Jesus Christ. Amen." He's also said things in his prayers like: "And I hit Senin (Seven) and mom be mad at me." "And dad go to work and I wanna go. Mom say no and I cry." He always starts with 'and.' Those are just a few he's said that I can remember.

Having a kid that's finally old enough to talk is the best.

3 comments:

Ambs said...

I just got a baby announcement for Tenley a few days ago! Soooo cute! Thanks! love yas

Ali P. said...

I love your kids...and kids in general...they say the funniest/cutest things and it's even funnier/cuter when you know them personally :)

Tornado Alley said...

That is so cute! This is a great idea. I have a handful of things written down that our kids have said, but I know there are many more that we forgot(because I did not write them down in time).
I hope St. George is treating you all well. We miss you and love you!
-Danielle and family